Tuesday, June 02, 2009

I had to report for jury duty Monday. Ick. I believe in serving and all that, but really. The juror assembly room was at least 80 degrees, and humid, and stuffy, and full of 100 or so hot, cranky people. (Me included.) I woke up with a tired headache (Alan decided to spend half the night rolling around and making the bed move like it was in an earthquake. I love him, but he can be really restless some nights and I wish for another bed for me! Sigh.), and my IBS was beginning to show signs of acting up, so it wasn't an auspicious start to the day. But after 3+ hours, getting the enviable #47 (not my age anymore), and being told to go to lunch and report back at 1 pm, I got to go home to my nice air conditioned house. I was a little bit frantic because I hadn't heard from Alan and didn't know what his work schedule was yet, so I didn't know if I had to rearrange kid pickup or not. Finally talked to him, he had run Sarah's keys up to Kamiakin for her, and Emily (bless her!) had texted her mom and made arrangements for them to give Sarah and Spencer rides home. Bless Susan! Long story short, things worked out fine. No drama after school today so Sarah and Spencer entertained themselves until I got home around 4-4:15 ish. I was hot, tired, cranky, still had a mega headache, and took an hour's nap. Alan got home and then around 6 we went to 3 Margaritas for dinner. I like that place. Family friendly, the meals are reasonably sized and priced, and best of all Spencer ate ALL of his cheese quesadilla! Proof I went to the courthouse follows.

No comments: